Outlook 2016 client and iphone email issue

Good Morning,

I have a user on O365 whos emails are not working on his Outlook 2016 and strangely hi s iphone is also not recieving emails anymore since this morning.

I reset and unlock his password from AD and synced to O365 but still same issue on both iphone emails and Outlook client.

OWA is working !! and he is able to send recieve emails there.

Where do I start troubleshooting from ?


Nick PerksIT DirectorAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Vasil Michev (MVP)Commented:
Any particular error messages? For Outlook on the desktop, try clearing any stored credentials, or simply create a new profile. How big is the mailbox in question? If it's over say 15GB, definitely try a new profile and use the "cache slider" to limit the amount of data synced to just a month or so.

For the iPhone, resetting the account as well. If using the native Mail app, try Outlook for iOS app.
Nick PerksIT DirectorAuthor Commented:
Tried setting it Outlook profile up on another computer ans still same issue. Strange
Vasil Michev (MVP)Commented:
OK, so tell us what exactly is the issue then, error messages, anything? :) Can he connect at all?
Your Guide to Achieving IT Business Success

The IT Service Excellence Tool Kit has best practices to keep your clients happy and business booming. Inside, you’ll find everything you need to increase client satisfaction and retention, become more competitive, and increase your overall success.

Dope ADMSr. Systems EngineerCommented:
not sure what kind of errors they're getting...how ever this one usually almost always work...granted that's it's restricted to only 1 user and her mailbox is properly provisioned. If these hold true and  you can access her email from OWA, do the following:

1.On computer, clear the credential cache then re-enter the new credentials. If the problem persists, reset the users' profile in the local outlook client. If the problem persists, it has to be with account provisioning then need more details on the error. If this fixes the issue, go to the next step.
2. On the phone, completely remove/delete the email account from the phone mail client app (this includes native or other form of mail client apps), then re-add it the correct credentials.
Nick PerksIT DirectorAuthor Commented:
Sorry for the late response. This was a bit of strange issue as I tried everything including calling microsoft and no solution was found. It finally started working automatically after few hours, both on phone and his computer.

Did not had time to research on what exactly happened here but I closed this ticket afterwards. My suspicion is may be DNS hosting company was having some issues with autodiscover address for O365.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Nick PerksIT DirectorAuthor Commented:
Sorry as nothing helped here going to pass on the points here.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.