I'm trying to monitor counters on my SQL server(2008) from my Windows 10 laptop.
Here's what I did:
- I set up a User Defined data collector, added counters(via my laptop)
- Created a database on my laptop via SSMS
- Created an ODBC entry to my new database(System DSN)
- Went to the collector and changed the Log Format to "SQL"
- hit the dropdown for "Data Source Name", expecting my new dsn to appear...
Nothing appears in the dropdown.
I tried recreating the Data Collector, and also a User Defined DSN