I have following environment:
- two separate AD forests with a two-way forest trust between
- both AD domains use a separate Exchange Server (Exchange 2013 in Germany, Exchange 2016 in Switzerland)
- the Exchange environment in Germany should be decommissioned, all users in Germany have to be moved to Switzerland
- the interconnection between Germany and Switzerland is very slow, therefore the migration has to take place using a EDB import or equal. I don't know of any other feasible procedure.
I was thinking of following procedure:
- Ensure that Outlook Anywhere works properly in the site in Switzerland with Exchange 2016
- Stop Exchange Services in Germany, transport the EDB and transaction Log files to Switzerland on a USB disk (around 400 GB data)
- Import the EDB and transaction logs using Kroll OnTrack and restore them in Switzerland (https://www.krollontrack.com/products/email-recovery/
- Let the users in Germany re-create their Outlook profile using Outlook Anywhere
What do you think about this plan?