I downloaded a Full Symantec 1414.0.1 (14.0.RU1) package and went ahead and installed it without any problems, so I thought.
A quick background- This is on Wn2008R2 64bit server was running SEPM 12.xxx.
-After the upgrade a quick reboot the clients were all green and protected. The one thing I didn't understand was -even after a successful upgrade the virus definitions were not updated. So, I went to Symantec site and downloaded this jdb- screenshot attached- and placed it in the Incoming folder on the server- the jdb was extracted and later disappeared but the virus def-still 1/27/17 date.
I didn't backup Symantec database before upgrading and in small network of five managed clients I didn't think that will be a major issue. Btw-This is a closed network and no live update or internet connection.
Any thought or what I need to do to fix this problem- Thanks.