How can I RDP into my below VM ?
Steps I did
1. logged into PHYSICAL server
2. used "Hyper-V Manager" to reboot Windows 2012 R2 VM
** open DOS prompt
** type "qwinsta" to make sure no other users are logged in
3. made sure "Remote Desktop Services" and other SERVICES started
4. retested RDP by IP address (to avoid a DNS issue)
** made sure I could PING the above IP address
5. still failed with GENERIC "unable to establish a connection" error
6. made sure VM still had "Remote Management" and "Remote Desktop" ENABLED
7. rebooted my PC
8. did above #2-#6 again
9. still failed
10. made sure I can still connect to other VMs on the same PHYSICAL server
I also did the below, rebooted, and still have the same issue
Enable Multiple RDP Sessions
1.Log into the server using Remote Desktop.
2.Open the start screen (press the Windows key) and type gpedit.msc and open it
3.Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Connections.
4.Set Restrict Remote Desktop Services user to a single Remote Desktop Services session to Disabled.
5.Double click Limit number of connections and set the RD Maximum Connections allowed to 999999.