Hi - I wonder if any experts could shed some light on my Windows 10 backup query?
Originally, we had a Windows 7 PC where we were using the built-in backup software. When the backup was created it also included a system image. This PC has since been upgraded to Windows 10 and the 'Backup and Restore (Windows 7)' option continues to run.
My questions are as follows:
1) Will the system image work in Windows 10 should we need to recover the whole PC? If not, is there a Windows 10 system image option?
2) Within 'Backup and Restore (Windows 7)' there is an option to create a system repair disk. Will this work on Windows 10? Is this any different to booting from Windows 10 media to access the recovery options? How is the 'Recovery Drive' option different?
3) I understand the backup using 'Backup and Restore (Windows 7)' does not include different versions of the same file i.e. only backs up the latest version. Is this correct?
4) Would you recommend moving over to 'File History', particularly for file versioning? If so, why? Other than versioning, what makes File History the preferred option?
5) If we move over to 'File History', how do we automate a system image?
Hope this makes sense.
I look forward to hearing from you.