I just added a new 2016 DC. It has DHCP and DNS, Global Catalog and is the PDC
Went through all the steps to properly remove the old DC. Moved FSMO and ran Dcpromo (2008 R2). The old server removed without problems.
When I try to access computers via the domain name, sometimes I can, sometimes I cannot.
If I use the IP address it works fine.
It has been 3 days since the new DC was added.
I've checked DHCP and DNS and do not see a problem. However, I must be missing something.
Other than not being able to access the computers by name, there are not any reported problems.
Where do I start looking to solve this. It seems to be a DNS problem, but I cannot identify it.