I have a Windows 10 machine that I can no longer get logged into. I can get to the windows login screen and that is pretty much it.
Here are the things I have tried:
- Reset password, but I don't have a password recovery disk
- Reset password by manually creating an admin account, but it wont allow me to create one. Says path not found with I follow the steps from the CMD prompt.
- Reset PC, but it asks for an admin password.
- Reset password using a 3rd party software, can't open the SAM file.
- Repair Boot files, repair completes, but still can log in.
- Restoration point, but there are no restoration points.
My last option to try is to reinstall Windows 10 without losing any of my apps or data.
Can anyone provide guidance on steps to try or tell me how to reinstall windows 10 without losing any of my data? I ahve created a bootable Win10 USB drive.