Hello Experts, I am planning on implementing a hybrid configuration for migration to O365. we have exchange 2013 on prem. My confusions are:
1. How will client outlooks connect to o365? i believe we are required delete our auto discover record in on-prem DNS (if one exists), and to create a cname auto discover record in on prem DNS, this will point the users outlook to O365, but how about users that have not been migrated to O365, how will their Outlook then connect to on-prem exchange, once this on-prem autodiscover is changed in on-prem DNS.
3. do i need to create this c-name autodiscover record in my public dns aswell?
2. what attributes of exchange online mailbox will i not be able to change if i decommossion my hybrid exchange servers after successful migration of all mailboxes (we have a couple thousand users, so this will be a few years in the future), but i would like to know the limitations of decomm of hybrid servers to limit on prem exchange foot print.
3. the on-prem exchange server that we make our hybrid server, can it have User mailboxes on that server?
4. out internal AD is .net. however our user UPN is .com, and exchange organization name is also .com. what type of issues will we run into for directory synchronization?
do we need to change the user logon from domain\username to the users email address with UPN for all users for directory synchronization with Azure AD. the UPN suffix is already added for .com with the users UPN in our AD, but the users are currently logging on into internal environment as domain\username.
Please let me know.