My company is in the middle of a project and they've requested my help. They basically would like to obtain, from a given company, all email usage related data to then put it in a nice graph so they can analyze things like:
Number of emails sent overall
How many numbers of emails are sent inside the organisation or outside.
To be more precise, these are the questions I have been made:
1. When is email sent? Date, time and weekday
2. Who is the sender/receiver? Remember, don’t take it down to people, we have to talk about areas/departments/...
3. Are there people in CC/CCO? Who are they? In the TO, CC and CCO. # of people and # of emails
4. Is the email part of a chain/conversation? A “response” Chain size, number of hopes, …
5. Is the email a forward? What was the original chain? Forward and Reply
6. Is the email an automated email from a system? Or from a person?
From my understanding - I am no programmer-, I can use powershell to pull up some reports that should give some insight but they're looking to integrate all this data into one application they're developing.
My boss just mentioned to me that the powershell report would give them part of the information but they also looking to see more specific data such as if the email is ccd, forwarded, etc etc.
He says that Microsoft Graph does obtain this information.
Does anyone know which API they need to use?
Thank you very much for your help!