Migrate exchange 2007 to 2013 - mobile accounts not working

Folks,

I am about 80% through a migration from SBS2008 to exchange 2013. I’ve configured all the necessary components (to the best of my knowledge) - Virtual directories, certs, DNS etc. and am beginning the mailbox migration.

I performed a single mailbox migration from the sbs to exch 2013 database using the migration tool in exch 2013 ecp. It was successful. Outlook can connect fine and OWA works internally and externally. But when i tried to setup the mailbox on an iPhone, it failed to verify the details.

I checked the EWS and ActiveSync directory settings and they seemed fine. So I proceeded to migrate another batch of 5 (internal only users). Again outlook connected fine and OWA works as expected. I tried one of these mailboxes on an iPhone and it worked fine. So I tried the first mailbox again and it still failed. I tried another from the second batch and it worked too.

So after digging around I got no further. I needed to move on and performed another single mailbox migration. It too failed to setup on an iPhone.

I am at a point where I need to migrate the remaining mailboxes and those users only use mail via mobile devices.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
LVL 1
tech53Asked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Jose Gabriel Ortega CastroCEOCommented:
Yes, you need to enable outlook anywhere on the Newer exchange,
The coexistence process means that all the email should be receiving in the most recent version of the exchange, in this case, 2013.
Are the emails flowing externally and internally from 2013 ?.
if not you miss the implementation of the coexistence, so you need to go back.
Set the mail flow into the new exchange server, and also, export the certificate into the new exchange and set up the Services COnnection points into the new one.

After you do this, you will get a connection from the mobiles, because you're trying to connect to the 2007 box and that one doesn't know how to deal with a newer version, instead of 2013 that knows who is in 2007 and who is in 2013.


There's a series of the migration you want to accomplish:
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/meamcs/2013/07/25/part-1-step-by-step-exchange-2007-to-2013-migration/
0
tech53Author Commented:
Thanks. The article you provided is the one that I followed. Outlook anywhere is configured and enabled on the 2013 server. I have https traffic pointing to the 2013 server.

The point is making is that why would 2 mail accounts fail on mobile devices  but 5 others work fine?

Thanks again
0
Jose Gabriel Ortega CastroCEOCommented:
Check the properties, if 5 are working fine, try to configure 1 of the working ones on one iPhone that fails. If it works, it's the account if it doesn't it's the device.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Making Bulk Changes to Active Directory

Watch this video to see how easy it is to make mass changes to Active Directory from an external text file without using complicated scripts.

tech53Author Commented:
Checked the properties for a mailbox that works and one that doesn't. Both identical.

The only thing I can see that is different is the fact that the mailboxes I moved individually display the problem. The mailboxes that were moved in batches of 5 work ok.
0
tech53Author Commented:
Also I have checked the move request and there are none that are not completed.
0
viktor grantExchange ServersCommented:
Hi,

The batches have been done with success and move request did not complete.

If you ckeck the mailbox that works with the following command:

Get-Mailbox | fl *database*

The database is located in Exchange 2013.

Cheers
Viktor
0
viktor grantExchange ServersCommented:
No more replies...the issue seems to be solved
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Exchange

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.