Hello, I have a Windows 8.1 PC that boots to a "Please Wait" screen. I have tried the following steps, but none have resolved the problem:
1) Press Ctrl-Alt-Del at the Please wait screen. Nothing happens. I also tried Ctrl-Esc as well as Ctrl-Shift-Esc. I haven't found any key combinations that work at the Please Wait screen.
2) Let it sit at the Please Wait screen. I let it run overnight, for around 12 hours. Was still at the Please Wait screen in the morning.
3) Boot off a USB Recovery of Win8.1 -> System Restore. Tried 3 different system restores from over a 45 day period with no success
4) Boot off a USB Recovery of Win8.1 -> Safe mode. There was no Safe mode option under the advanced troubleshooting section
5) Boot off a USB Recovery of Win8.1 -> Command Prompt. Chkdsk found no errors, and sfc /scannow wouldn't run (no explanation provided)
6) Boot off a USB Recovery of Win8.1 -> Refresh the PC. Windows was unable to refresh the PC (no additional information was provided)
7) Press F8 during boot -> Safe Mode with Networking. This also boots to the Please Wait screen
Are there any other steps I can try to resolve this problem? I'd rather not reset the PC, or erase / reinstall Windows and apps.