I came across a situation where I wish to create two subnets as in 192.168.1.1 and 22.214.171.124
The 192.168.1.1 will be my main network which will contains most of the PCs, printers, etc....
The 192.168.2.1 will be my wifi network which all wireless connections such as phones, scanners, etc...
Here is the situation:
1. only have 1 switch with 48 ports (can be configured)
2. one sonicwall firewall 4 ports in back(can be configured)
3. allow the two networks to talk to one another as in if I have a PC in 192.168.1.x and wish to access a wifi device in 192.168.2.x
Here are the things that I wish to get answered and accomplished:
1. I wish to know what will be the "BEST and SIMPLE" configuration to accomplish this task. Thanks!
2. Is it possible to connect all devices into a single switch (the 48 port switch) and have combination of networks like 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x together without utilizing the VLAN?