Could not find a part of the path '....\MaestroFP.rds.'

A coworker posted a report definition (.rdl) file out onto the server, asking that I help her with adding some fields from some tables to several of the data sets for the report.  I imported the report into Visual Studio (2010 SP1), but each of the data sets had a DataSource property which was not defined in my solution explorer.  If I tried to edit the data set in the query designer I received an error message:

An Error occurred while connecting to the data source.  Only the text-based query designer will be available.
Additional information:
The shared data source 'Kermit' does not exist or you do not have permissions.  For more information, contact your report server administrator.

So I created a new shared data source with that name, pointing it to the appropriate Server and database, but I'm still getting that error.

If I change the data source to another previously defined data source, which works for other reports in my VS solution, I can open the data sets and run the queries just fine in the query designer.  But when I try to preview this report I'm getting an error:

An error occurred during local report processing.
Error in the Application.
Could not find a part of the path '\\servername\gpshare\SRS_Projects\GPReports\GPReports\Maestro FP\Maestro FP\Maestro FP\bin\debug\data sources\MaestroFP.rds'

The \Data Sources\ folder does not exist on this path, but the rest of that path does exist.  I cannot figure out where this path for the MaestroFP data source is stored and how to change this to point to a valid data source.
LVL 52
Dale FyeOwner, Developing Solutions LLCAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Mark WillsTopic AdvisorCommented:
That Path does seem strange - lots of duplicate folder names "GPReports\GPReports\Maestro FP\Maestro FP\Maestro FP"

Are you able to contact the coworker with a "Please Explain"

In design mode were you able to add the columns ?

Is your environment the same ? When using IE scripting happens automatically, so, if you're in (say) google chrome, you might (well the report might) not recognise path as scripted. Have a read of : It can be a "gotcha" when desiging reports - not saying that is your error, but it can happen.

The process I have had to use before is to delete the .sou files, best explained in this :

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Dale FyeOwner, Developing Solutions LLCAuthor Commented:
Thanks, Mark.

That second link helped me to resolve the problem.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.