I have a network consisting of an SBS2008 server, 7 Windows 7 Pro workstations, 1 Windows 10 Pro laptop. The laptop is also in the domain
- NOTE: I removed the WSUS from the server well over a year ago due to, too many issues to resolve. Microsoft was involved in all attempts to resolve.
- Anyway, We have been updating the workstations and the server manually with no issues.
- The Windows 10 Pro laptop was fully updated to version 1709 prior to placing in the domain. The laptop functions fine in the domain
- The SBS2008 console shows the laptop's "Security Status" unavailable. I expected this since the SBS2008 server's group policies don't work well with Windows 10
From the Windows 10 laptop: When trying to force searching for windows updates, there’s a message “Some settings are managed by your settings” and the updates fail.
- I tried to run the updates after disabling the firewall to no avail.
- NOTE: I am curious to see if the updates work when not on the local network. I will ask the user to take the laptop home and try to do the Windows updates.
Please see attached screenshot of the Windows Update message I see when attempting the updates.