What is the best practice for gateways. For example we got blacklisted a while ago and public ip is still blacklisted on spam rats. It says about reverse lookup not being setup
the exact message "Does IP Address comply with reverse hostname naming convention". While letting my isp know we were told to liase directly with spamrats which i did but the ip has not been given ok by spamrats. I think that they want us to set reverse DNS on gateway.
1) What is the best practice for gateways?
2) What happens if i give it a name with my domain? nnn.kkk.school.fj.
3) Does it interrupt my traffic?
4) Do i have to change my firewall rules based on the name change?
5) What all do i have to do to get this done?
6) What is the whole purpose of reverse dns on gateway as i was told by my ISP that they only setup if told by a customer to do so?