I purchased a QNAP TS-453B per a previous question on EE.
I've installed the device with 2-step authentication. Currently the device is "Raid Group Synchronizing" (I setup as RAID 5 using 4 3TB HDs).
What is best practice regarding setup/next steps?
I have zero experience setting up a NAS and have only started poking around with settings/configuration.
My goals for the NAS (tentatively):
1) Personal data storage while using ChromeOS devices/Windows. I will have admin access.
2) Data streaming for Tablo, Plex, other random video. I'm also playing around with Plex Cloud with Google Drive.
3) Personal data storage for my wife. I've set her up as a user.
1) Do I want folders accessible as drive letters (I will use with Windows and ChromeOS in future)? Why or why not?
2) What is Snapshot? Should this be setup? How for my tentative needs? Should all shared folders be in the Snapshot folder?
3) I see this under network in Windows, but cannot access and backup my Acronis test to any of the folders (see attached). I'm unsure how setup should be in Microsoft Networking (QNAP) (see attached). My understanding of domains vs local network users and proper setup is poor.
4) Why setup an email account (SMTP)? It seems like the app requires access to "read, send, delete and manage your email"?
5) Why does my DataVol1 capacity only show 3.15TB? See attached.
Thank you in advance for my plethora of questions!