I have an ASUS desktop running windows 10 home. The mouse and keyboard don't work when windows boots up. Tested keyboard and mouse on other pc and it worked fine. used every usb port on the problem machine and still nothing. Attempted to use a ps/2 mouse and the same issue is happening. Steps taken:
1. booted into bios, keyboard works. made sure usb ports were enabled
2. rebooted still didn't work.
3. booted into safe mode and they still don't work.
4. attempted system restore but no restore points are available.
5. had to go into command prompt start up and enable ps/2 mouse, disabled and enabled usb ports .
6. booted into safe mode and ps/2 mouse works but still no usb.
7. attempted to update drivers on mouse and keyboard, but says windows was unable to install the driver.
8. Manually downloaded drivers onto flashdrive from other pc and still couldn't install the drivers.
Wired Mouse and Keyboard are both Asus, also tried Wired Dell mouse and keyboard.