We have a newly installed Eircom router.
Our broadband is coming in through a cable coming from Eir, our national broadband provider, to the Eircom router.
- There has been a constant internet connection problem with the Eircom router for months, before and after the new Eircom router has been installed.
- The problem has been most noticeable on WiFi connected devices where WiFi internet connection would be lost for about 1 - 2 minutes every 15 minutes or so, can be random times sometimes, e.g. could be watching YouTube on laptop which uses WiFi and video could stop loading for 1 minute, would display internet disconnected at bottom right corner
- We have everything disconnected from the Eircom router.
- We have reset the Eircom router many times to try and fix the internet problem
- There was an Aruba IAP-305(RW) connected to the Eircom router which provides the WiFi as we disabled WiFi on Eircom router
- We have the Aruba IAP-305(RW) disconnected from Eircom router as we want to limit the test to just the Eircom router and broadband.
- I have heard that basic ping tests are not very helpful for testing performance.
- Ideally a 12 hour test may be better to test internet connection
We would like to know how to truly test all the parameters of the Eir broadband.
What would be the best way to test these parameters?