Cannot boot ESXi 6.5 host from USB because Fatal error: 33 (Inconsistent data) xorg.v00?
I properly powered down my host but it didn't come back up. I get the error described above. I know its silly i but i didn't have a copy of the running config or a copy of the image of the USB.
I have two stumbling blocks;
- when i followed the instructions described in https://goo.gl/UgMCF7 by Andrew Hancock, i got stuck at step 1. The USB couldn't be backed up 'couldn't read media message.' Not be out done by this message, I skipped to step 2 and followed it all the way to checksum.
- The checksum is different between the corrupt and the one i recreated from different machine but with the same esxi install file. This is probably because i have updated the host since i last installed it.
- Do i need to recreate the install from the same machine in order to have the same checksum?
- What would happen if i replaced the file with a working xorg.v00, with a different checksum?
- If i did a new fresh install from a different USB, will i be able to recover the Data in my datastore using the same config. I mostly care about the data thats in the datastore.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance