I have a Kingston 16GB usb flash drive that does not show up anymore when I plug it into any computer.
I have tried the flash drive in 4 different computers, bot PCs/Macs, and it's not recognized. Is there any software out there that anyone knows of that will help me recover my data?
Here's what I tried:
Both of the above programs does not recognize the flash drive.
Here's what I've tried so far (no particular order)
1. under disk management (when I plug in the drive, a "removable" K drive does appear, and when I unplug it, it disappears
2. under device manager, I updated the drivers for the root bridge
3. under disk management, I did a right click on hte K drive and did update drivers there as well
4. did a diskpart, list disk, and disk 8 shows no media, 0B, 0B for both size and free (I'm assuming same disk as in disk management), I tried to select the partition, but nothing worked
5. I went to kingstons website and googled for data repair software, couldn't find anything
Not sure what else I can do? Any ideas? I really need to get the data from the usb drive.