Looking for recommendations and experience with NAS solutions for MAC and Windows systems. We have a design team that uses Adobe Creative Suite products, the team is dispersed geographically between a site in Canada and a site in the US. Currently they save their data locally on their PC storage (high risk to company). The team has to share this data with other team members. They have access to Adobe cloud storage but I am not sure that protects the companies property. My goal is to find a NAS solution that ticks off the following boxes...
1. Native file server support for both MAC and Windows OS (I don't want SMB hooks on the MACs)
2. Able to replicate data between 2 or more systems (Canada and US)
3. Able to backup data to off site options, included cloud backup or AWS/Azure storage
4. Options to allow access via cloud storage to designers
5. Minimum 8 TB used space with scalability to add additional capacity (more drives or drive cage/shelf expansion)
6. Enterprise support service offerings (E.G. onsite technical support for break fix)
I am not sure what RAID level I would go with at this time, likely R5 or R6 depending on number of spindles and drive size. If someone has a similar challenge and a proven solution I would like to hear about it.