I have a refurbished AIR-AP1852I-B-K9 that I am trying to join to a 2500 WLC. This is number 2 of the 2 we ordered. The first one joined on its own no problem without any intervention from me, this one is being stubborn.
I keep seeing this message:
[*12/18/2017 12:50:19.8397] Discovery Request sent to X.X.X.X, discovery type STATIC_CONFIG(1)
[*12/18/2017 12:50:19.8497] Discovery Request sent to 255.255.255.255, discovery type UNKNOWN(0)
I set the first IP (capwap ap primary-base <wlc name> <wlc ip>) but do not know where the other one came from. I see the clock is off and am not sure if that is contributing to the issue or not.
I have tried just about everything I can think of including multiple factory resets, statically assigning an IP and updating code. (which failed) I am now am out of ideas unfortunately.
I can see the AP as a CDP neighbor on my switch so we make it that far. It also pulls a DHCP address. We do not use option 43 so pointing the AP to the WLC should work.The CLI is limited on these compared to what I am used to working with also.