I have VIP Users that want to share Contact Information via Exchange to other VIP Users while Normal Users can not see this information via the GAL. This information also needs to push down into their Cell Phones (Active Sync)
I am currently using Exchange 2013 On-Prem. I would like to be able to script the process or if possible to setup an Additional Addressbook.
- Currently I am looking at doing a Import PST (which would have the contacts) directly to the required users.
- The problem I am having is I need be able to remove the Contact(s) from the Users Mailbox if the user leaves or changes contact information.
Here is what I have so far:
- I have found the script process to import the PST to Users (New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox User -IncludeFolders "#Contacts#/*" -FilePath File.pst)
- I can Delete a Contact via Search-Mailbox, but the problem is that it would delete all contacts with the same name, so if they already had any custom contacts, they would be deleted (Get-Mailbox -Identity HTAB | Search-Mailbox -SearchQuery 'kind:contacts"test user 1"' -DeleteContent)
- I am importing the contacts into their own folder, so if there is a way to do the Search-Mailbox for Contacts Subfolders, or delete a Sub-Folder as a whole that would be good as well
I am also open to any other better solutions that I am not thinking of right now as well.