SCCM not pushing updates

SCCM Latest version

I am unable to push updates to users. Windows updates only finds the config manager client. I have even pushed the latest pre-release client to all users. The computers still only see the one update. 1% of our clients work perfectly fine installing updates. The other 99% never detect the updates at all.
Logs.zip
sumgAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Adam LeinssServer SpecialistCommented:
Can you ZIP up the files from a troublesome client in C:\Windows\CCM\Logs and attach them here?
0
sumgAuthor Commented:
I have uploaded the logs. Thank you.
Logs.zip
0
Adam LeinssServer SpecialistCommented:
In SCANAGENT.LOG:

CScanJob::Execute- Failed at AddUpdateSource, Error = 0x87d00692      ScanAgent      4/17/2018 5:14:59 AM      6456 (0x1938)

This error appears to be related to a GPO defining a WSUS server.  The SCCM client itself will set the WSUS server on the client.

I would run RSOP.MSC on a client having an issue, then drill to Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update>Specify intranet Microsoft update service location and make sure that under GPO Name it states Local Group Policy for that.  If it doesn't, that domain GPO is likely your issue.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
sumgAuthor Commented:
Thank you for catching that. I had created a new GPO for when I started the process of rolling out the new SCCM about a year ago. I just pushed it out company wide and I forgot I had to remove everyone from the old GPO and add them to the new one. Everyone seems to be communicating now.

Thanks again.
0
Adam LeinssServer SpecialistCommented:
No problem, glad you got it working.
1
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Windows OS

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.