exchange 2013

Hi

I have users with multiple email accounts from exchange 2013  to outlook 2010. While most users within the domain experience no problems some users who have multiple email addresses are having daily problems with connection send/receive issues, each time it happens I have to repair the account within mail app in control panel. I have tried turning off antivirus to no avail also firewall, I have recreated in profiles and reinstalled office but the problem always comes back.  
Any pointers in the right direction to look would be a great help.
dances1960Asked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

MASEE Solution Guide - Technical Dept HeadCommented:
HI dances1960,
What is the error you see?
Appreciate if you post a screenshot?
0
dances1960Author Commented:
Hi

It’s just a outlook is experiencing problems sending and receiving messages, which isn’t much help sorry.
Although as said the main account will still be working without issue?
0
timgreen7077Exchange EngineerCommented:
Are they attempting to "send as" or "on behalf" of those mailboxes they have access to? You mentioned sending and receiving issues but then you said the main account continues to work without issues. Sending and receiving will be happening on the main account so not sure what exactly you are experiencing.

I would suggest removing the user from cache mode and let them use outlook for a few days without cache to see if the the issues returns, and it not, i would make sure that you are caching those other mailboxes on the users outlook profile.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Has Powershell sent you back into the Stone Age?

If managing Active Directory using Windows Powershell® is making you feel like you stepped back in time, you are not alone.  For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why.

dances1960Author Commented:
Hi thank you, I shall post a screen shot but it will be in a few hours time until I get back to work if you can bare with me.
0
dances1960Author Commented:
Thank you timgreen7077 I shall try that in the morning and let you know.
0
timgreen7077Exchange EngineerCommented:
Ok sounds good
0
dances1960Author Commented:
HI
I have removed the cache mode and so far so good after 30 minutes, the error message I was getting is: Sending error reported (0x8004010f):
Outlook data file cannot be accessed.

thank you.
0
dances1960Author Commented:
Hi

Update:

sadly the cache mode removal hasn't solved the issue and I'm still receiving the outlook data file cannot be accessed issue.
0
timgreen7077Exchange EngineerCommented:
I would make note of all the mailboxes that are attached to the user outlook profile, and then remove them.
Delete or rename the old ost profile and recreate it. Delete or rename it so that outlook can't connect to it.
Leave user in out of cache mode (online mode) and continue to test, because online mode doesn't use ost files.

1. remove the other mailboxes from the outlook profile so only the primary user mailbox is there.
2. remove any pst files that are connected also.
3. remove the mailbox from cache mode and close outlook
4. go to the location of the ost files, and rename all of them to "ostname.ost.old"
5. reboot computer and start up outlook again and see how it goes.

Also just a note, if you allow the ost files to grow none stop and sync none stop this will continue to happen. do you have a limit on the amount of time you allow outlook to cache?
0
MASEE Solution Guide - Technical Dept HeadCommented:
Error is either autodiscover not configured properly or addressbook configured. Please check this first.
https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/29662/Exchange-2013-Fix-for-an-Invalid-certificate-and-related-issues.html
0
SysToolsData Expert - Recovery,Backup,MigrationCommented:
0
dances1960Author Commented:
Thank you..
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft Office

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.