I installed a Fios Quantum Gateway G1100 Wireless Router over the weekend. Wireless is strong, 58-61 mbs down and up. Problem is my vintage desktop, which has a Realtek GBE card, is experiencing very slow upload speeds, averaging 7-10 mbps. Download speeds average about 54 mbps which is fine. Previously when connected to the Fios Actiontec router, speeds were fine in both directions. The wifi was the issue which is why i got a new router.
Steps Taken to Troubleshoot Issue, none of which resolved the issue:
- Replaced ethernet cable with new CAT5e cable
- Unplugged all other devices except desktop, and tried a different port
- Verizon remotely rebooted the main hub in the garage and had me restart the router and computer
- Another laptop gets close to 50/50 using an ethernet por,t so I know the issue is isolated to my desktop
- I changed the default settings on both the NIC and router to 100 full duplex and 1gig full duplex. Neither made an appreciable difference.
- Updated NIC drivers to the latest release.
I asked the Verizon tech if he knew of any settings on either the router or in windows that might help but he didn't want to go that route. Instead he wanted to hard reset the router or send me a new one. The router was new and I didn't think that would solve my issue so I turned down both requests for now.
I've seen other posting that older computers have issues with the MoCa 2.0 chipset. While that's possible, I'm hoping a buried setting will improve the performance.
So, does anyone have experience with these Quantum routers and poor upload speeds?