All email going to Poison Queue in Exchange 2106

I set up a new domain and a new Exchange 2016 server and noticed that no email is being delivered to any mailboxes. Whether from one user to the other on the exchange server, or whether external email is being sent in, all email is going to the Poison Queue. Why, and how can I stop this behavior?

Some steps I have taken:
- tested the domain at MXToolbox.com (comes up clean)
- tested the domain at https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com and all tests come up clean
- tested from iPhone too, same result. Messages show up in "Sent" but nothing is being delivered.
- enabled logging on the send and receive connectors, then examined the logs. I see no errors.
LVL 1
AaronSSHIT ConsultantAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Jose Gabriel Ortega CastroCEOCommented:
Let's start with the basic.
Are you sending emails within the same local domain in the exchange 2016?.
Do you have a send connector?

did you configure SPF, virtual folder's URLs, and the public certificate?

do you see any errors in the Event log for the exchange server?
1
AaronSSHIT ConsultantAuthor Commented:
Same local domain, yes.
Yes, send connector is set up and logging enabled. It is working properly.
Executing the command Test-ServiceHealth returns that all required services are running.

There were some errors in the Event Log for Exchange that stated a registry key was not accessible.
Event ID 10003: "The transport process failed during message processing with the following call stack: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ExchangeServer\v15\WorkerTaskFramework\IdStore\ProbeDefinitionIDConflicts' is denied."

I went in and modified the permissions on that key to be more inclusive and then rebooted but this did not fix the problem.

There are also a lot of Event ID 4999: "Watson report about to be sent for process id: 17032, with parameters: E12IIS, c-RTL-AMD64, 15.01.1466.003, edgetransport, mscorlib, M.W.RegistryKey.CreateSubKeyInternal, System.UnauthorizedAccessException, 15ca-dumptidset, 04.07.2117.000."
0
AaronSSHIT ConsultantAuthor Commented:
I followed the steps in this article and it resolved the mail flow issue!
https://smtp25.blogspot.com/2017/10/
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
AaronSSHIT ConsultantAuthor Commented:
I followed the steps in this article and it resolved the mail flow issue!
https://smtp25.blogspot.com/2017/10/
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Exchange

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.