I'm working on a new project , MVC, C#, VS 2017.
1. I stepped thru the code and looks like the grids get all the rows and then page thru.
2. I think code should get , for example,10 rows. Display those for page 1. User clicks on page 2. Code should grab the next 10 rows of data and display.
But it should NOT get the entire dataset upfront.
Now, how can I do that?
1. Stored proc to bring back chunks of data
2. Get total number of rows to display at the bottom of the grid
3. When grid is displayed the first time, stored proc will return 10 rows
4. User clicks on "page 2" and now I need to get the next 10 rows. So, what do I need to pass to the stored proc?
I think the index (what page # is clicked) needs to be tracked.