Need file sharing performance issue fixed.
1. Windows 2016 File server slow to open and save file in share depending on user group.
2. Windows 2016 File server and client task mgr show 17 mb of file transfer when DOmain user member opens file "A". Domain admin member opens file "A" 1mb of traffic. on same pc anywhere in the building on any pc. (so I do not think this is a network card issue) Log in as Domain admin and file opens on client pc instantly. Login as Domain User and file open takes forever. Forever defined: 19Kb pdf file over 1-gig network connection takes 15 seconds to open file.
3. Variable to consider: The files in question reside in a folder with 56k in pdf files total. About 4 gigs of files. When same scenario above is applied to folder with say 1oo files you cant really tell the slow down or lag. It seems to manifest more when you have a folder with a huge number of files in it.
4. Variable to consider: As a test, logged into client pc as domain user, I can recreate the share and use domain admin credentials and file opens instantly.
5. This really seems permission based.