Points of My Scenario:
1. I am admin of 2 newly deployed virtual machines: one Windows 7 Enterprise, and one Windows 10 Enterprise
2. I was successful to configure smartcard logon for the Windows 7 computer, but the same steps (drivers installation and certificate import) are not working for the Windows 10 Enterprise computer.
3. For each computer, both the driver installation (smartcard reader and smartcard) and the certificate import are successful.
4. For both Windows versions (7 and 10 Enterprise), the root CA certificate was [successfully] imported into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store
5. However, when attempting to login to Windows 10 with smartcard, I get the following error, "An untrusted certification authority was detected while processing the domain controller certificate used for authentication. Additional information may be available in the system event log. Please contact your administrator."
QUESTION: What additional configuration is required on Windows 10 Enterprise so that it accepts the smartcard login just like its Windows 7 Enterprise counterpart?
PS: I can login to BOTH Windows 10 and Windows 7 with local and domain user accounts that don't require smartcards.