Outlook on multiple Windows 10 workstations always "updating address book". The process never completes, and in many cases prevents new mail from showing up until Outlook is closed and reopened. We have machines with both Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013, and we're seeing this problem on both versions. We also have machines that are not experiencing this issue, despite having identical configurations. We have web-based distribution as well as Public Folder distribution enabled.
So far, we have tried the following with no success:
1. Creating a new Outlook Profile
2. Creating a new Windows User Profile – The issue exists for all users on an affected machine.
3. Sfc /scannow – This command runs the System File Checker, which doesn’t find any issues.
4. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth - This is the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool, which also finds no problems.
5. BITSADMIN /reset – Some articles have suggested that this issue might be a problem with the BITS queue.
6. Removing the local OAB files.
7. Uninstalling Office 2016 (and all other versions) using the Microsoft Office Removal Tool, then reinstalling Office.
If anyone has any other fixes or insights, they would be greatly appreciated.