There are lot written about by hiding Ribbon. Still, it seems not be too easy to hide the ribbon. Previously I used the "menu bar" and a application menu bar for the .accde (.mde) application. It worked fine. For to summaries the findings:
* use DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo
* no add-ins
* use dynamic ribbons to replace right-click
* DoCmd.ShowToolbar is not enough use DoCmd.NavigateTo "acNavigationCategoryObjectType" and DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
* Search for anything which might do something with the ribbon - but what?
* move everything to a new db - sometimes access mix things up. I know, It is not so long ago I did that.
I use in Form_open event
If Right(SetDB.Name, 6) = ".accdb" Then DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes Else DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo ' I want the ribbon while developing
Since, the menu bar is still around I disable that one as well - commndbars("Menu bar").enabled=false
I still use commandbars for right-click.
Anyway, Still the File and Home tabs are around, The File contains Privacy Options which means that they change important properties.
There is a lot of XML - code around for this. I have so far not done very much with XML, there is that code and how can I edit it?
What to do?