I'm trying to renew the exchange certificate for our exchange 2010 server which has the IMPA, POP, IIS and SMTP services assigned to it, however the certificate just will not import properly!
Our cert provider is 123-reg and they re-issued the certificate after it auto re-newed a few weeks back. This is the process I have done thus far:
- Right clicked expiring certificate and selected renew
- Saved the .req file on the desktop.
- Attempted to enter the CSR on 123-reg re-issue section of the new certificate. It says "Error: Your CSR did not pass our validation check. Please ensure your CSR contains the same information as the original CSR.". Even though it the same certificate, only renewed.
So I attempted the following method:
- Downloaded the new cert from 123-reg
- Clicked "complete pending request"
- Uploaded the cert downloaded from 123-reg
The new cert entry is stuck saying "This is a pending certificate signing request..."
I have tried everything I can think of to get this working and I am stumped by this, any advice at all?