I've been testing Ginger in free mode for a while and they keep bugging me to upgrade (~$59 per year), but I am wonder about alternatives. Rather, I am wonder what you folks consider as the best on-line grammar checker, and why?
I have used Grammarly in the past but I recall that it often missed obvious errors and sometimes made erroneous suggestions. But that was about three years ago. I also know that there are a few other grammar checkers available.
Two Two that I have used are:
- Ginger https://www.gingersoftware.com
Criteria for answering
- Please don't suggest that there is no substitute for understanding English grammar. I know this. But these tools are still great for finding errors when one makes the occasional mistake.
- Please don't suggest the free tools in Microsoft Office. I don't have access to Office.
- I am primarily editing in Google mail and the Google Apps.
- I am only concerned about English grammar checking.
I'll look forward to your comments and suggestions. :)