We have moved a WordPress site over to HTTPS, however some of the scripts / css files are still being referenced on http - resulting in a broken site as these requests are blocked due to mixed active content violation.
* This is a WP site that runs off a menu option of the main site - which is not WP. In other words you have www.domain.com - normal site and from there a link to www.domain.com/blog - this is a WP site specifically to run the blog.
* The site is hosted on one domain but dashboard (wp-admin) is hosted on a different domain
* The requests to the blocked content files are on the admin domain (resource domain which I think is an Amazon S3 bucket - but I don't have confirmation on this - my access is limited)
* Requests to the domain a redirected to https://
* The site url's (admin and site) in the settings were changed to https
* The links in question are not in the database but are generated with the WP enqueue_scripts and enqueue_styles - we have done the URL search and replace on the database but that had no effect on the scripts and JS files
* The Wordpress HTTPS plugin is installed (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-https
) and the SSL Host is configured to be the Admin domain.
I am under pressure to get this working but have N other things to do so don't have to fiddle about with WP.
Hoping someone out there has seen this before and knows what has been missed.
I suspect that as part of the enqueue scripts call because the resources are not the same as the site domain