We have home Folders for all users with security set as per below
- Bob (Deny Delete this folder, Modify Files and SubFolders contained within)
- Bob's Supervisor (Deny Delete this folder, Read only Files and SubFolders contained within)
Bob is not a member of the supervisors group, nor any of the 12 staff who possess a named folder
- When Bob creates a file in Word or Excel or even notepad and tries to save the file, a file is created in the folder with the name chosen of zero bytes in size, then generates an access denied error to Bob.
- When Bob wants to print to PDF he can save the "printed" output file to his folder without any access denied error.
- Bob can delete files in the folder.
There are 12 folders being one for each employee and only some have this issue. I have trolled thru the security on the files and folders and they are all configured identically.
For those affected by this I have deleted and recreated the Named Folder from scratch and get the same outcome. This also affects the users whether they are logged on via a domain joined PC or Remote Desktop.
What am I missing here? Please help put me out of my misery!