Hello! We're moving from 2008R2 to 2016 for RDS and we'd like to open it to a test group to iron out any issues before switching. Our '08R2 farm is still operational and working. We've created a 2016 RDSH collection with 1 RDCB, 1 RDGW and 3 RDSH servers. The 3 RDSH servers are in a collection called rdfarm.
The issue: We can successfully connect to the collection internally by using the RDP shortcut downloaded from RWA however, it does not work outside our office. When attempting to connect from a home PC, it shows the correct FQDN but then an error is returned that remote desktop can't connect to the remote computer due to remote access is not enabled, the remote comuter is turned off or the remote computer is not available on the network.
A couple of notes about our deployment:
1) The GW & RWA services are on the same machine.
2) We will not be using RWA for our users, just RDP for connecting externally.
3) Our internal domain is .local, so we have split DNS. We have a forward zone for both rdfarm.domain.com (A record for the IP of rdcb1) and rdgw1.domain.com (A record for the IP or rdgw1).
4) We're using a wildcard cert from GoDaddy and it's trusted on both the GW & CB. It's been installed on all 3 RDSH servers as well.
5) The collection name has been set in the registry of the CB.
6) The firewall rule is this
Things we've checked:
1) Port scan shows that port 443 is open and accessible from the IP and FQDN for the collection externally.
2) A packet capture shows traffic is coming in through our firewall to rdcb1.
Any suggestions on what we could check to see why the RDP connection is unsuccessful?