I have a client that needs to get an inventory management software. I know that there seems to be hundreds if not thousands of inventory management software. The client is a physician's office and the current emr/practice management system has an inventory system but it is very bad. The software needs to be independent of any EMR/practice management or any other system. A possible link to Quickbooks would be nice but not necessary.
Here is a list of what we are looking to do with the software:
1) One central person will be inputting all inventory into the system
2) This central person will have the main barcode label printer and barcode scanner.
3) The software database will reside on a file server and will be on between two to five computers
4) When the clinicians use the other barcode scanners in the patient rooms we want it to go to this software without necessarily having to have to be connected to the software in the clinicians room.
5) We would like #4 above to be in real time instead of batching
6) Reporting is necessary and it would be nice to create reports as needed without having a certification in any of the report writers.
I know this is a long list and we may not get everything we want but are there any good inventory management software programs that will do the above?