troubleshooting Question

Exchange 2016 license requirements

Avatar of Matthew Cioffi
Matthew CioffiFlag for United States of America asked on
8 Comments1 Solution178 ViewsLast Modified:
Hello folks
I'm looking to replace an instance of SBS 2011 with server 2016 standard and exchange 2016 standard.

I know we need an Exchange CAL for each mailbox and to purchase a license for both Exchange and server 2016. my question is, do I need to purchase a CAL for Server 2016 for each Exchange user CAL? I have read conflicting information, it sounds like we do not, but I want to be sure we don't do the wrong thing here.

thanks everyone.
Join our community to see this answer!
Unlock 1 Answer and 8 Comments.
Start Free Trial
Learn from the best

Network and collaborate with thousands of CTOs, CISOs, and IT Pros rooting for you and your success.

Andrew Hancock - VMware vExpert
See if this solution works for you by signing up for a 7 day free trial.
Unlock 1 Answer and 8 Comments.
Try for 7 days

”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.

-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros