Start Free Trial
Exchange 2010 upgrade to Exchange 2016
Can i Upgrade Exchange Server 2010 directly to Exchange 2016, or we have to place Exchange 2013 in between.
Thanks in Advance.
ALso please if you have any document link for upgrade path please advice.
8/22/2022 - Mon
Hani M .S. Al-habshi
Yes you can upgrade directly from 2010 to 2016
You can upgrade Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016.
I suggest you use deployment assistant..
Below is a similar thread.
Yes, 2010 to 2016 migration is supported i.e. you are in supported environment.
1. Upgrade exchange 2010 to latest SP3 RU.
2. Install Exchange 2016 on a new box.
3. Export and import the current third party cert on exchange 2016 server.
4. Set all virtual directories to mail.domain.com but do not set the autodiscover virtual directory to mail.domain.com. SET it to null
5. Move a test mailbox and verify functionality
6.Create mailbox migration batch and set it manual completion i.e. 95%
7. Create PF batch and set it to manual complete.
8. change firewall nat for port 443 and 25 pointing to exchange 2016 (Downtime required).
9. Move mailboxes from 2010 to 2016.
10. Once mailboxes are moved move public folders.
11. Disable exchange services for a week and monitor functionality.
12., Once verified uninstall exchange 2010.
All of life is about relationships, and EE has made a viirtual community a real community. It lifts everyone's boat
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
THIS SOLUTION ONLY AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS.
View this solution by signing up for a free trial.
Members can start a 7-Day free trial and enjoy unlimited access to the platform.
See Pricing Options
Start Free Trial
GET A PERSONALIZED SOLUTION
Ask your own question & get feedback from real experts
Find out why thousands trust the EE community with their toughest problems.
Plans and Pricing
Certified Expert Program
© 1996-2023 Experts Exchange, LLC. All rights reserved. Covered by US Patent