I need some ideas on finding Group Policy -- and where things might be coming from.
We recently implemented a new Password Policy. The issue is, it is not being applied to the users!
- We implemented complex passwords, can't reuse 3 passwords and only have to change every 365 days.
- I placed the policy in the OU in which the users live (because we want to have different policies per OU in the future)
- It is still forcing people to change them every 60 or 90 days (whatever they were previously made to do).
- I have removed that setting or changed in every policy I can find it.
- Other polices I have applied work.
- I have also tried doing it in the Win2012R2 console as Microsoft suggests for more granular password policies via groups -- no good.
Environment: Windows 2012R2 Active Directory Domain in Native Mode, 2 Domain Controllers
I am going to attach a screenshot of one of the OUs for reference.
What is the best way to find where this policy is being applied in a way that is not allowing me to even apply it when I put the policy at the top in the OU? Help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance! Screen-Shot-2018-10-16-at-11.03.04-A.png
Windows Server 2012Active Directory
8/22/2022 - Mon
I started with Experts Exchange in 2004 and it's been a mainstay of my professional computing life since. It helped me launch a career as a programmer / Oracle data analyst