I'm experiencing several issue with computer in my environment receiving updates from WSUS. The updates download but remain at 0%. When rebooting, the computer attempts to install updates taking a while longer than expected and shows windows is updating. I have to manually shut this down as the it is sometimes hours and no updates are installed. I've completed the following:
1. Run Windows Troubleshooter for Windows Updates
2. Checked the BITS, which continuously switched from automatic to manual and stops servers. Windows Updates remains at manual and services are started for this worked.
3. Settings for Updates have been verified on the workstation for how updates are selected with other pc on the network.
4. Should Windows defender remain enabled although we use a third party anti virus program (Trend Micro Worry Free Business security)?
What other information I can offer is this workstation was upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. I appreciate any feedback with this inquiry as it will help with future install of Windows 10 in our environment.
4. That should be OK. It should stop real time checking if another AV is installed and is real time.
Try disconnecting it from WSUS and letting it update manually. Does that work?