troubleshooting Question

Missing emails, Exchange 2013 on Premise , Outlook 2010, Barracuda SPAM filter

Avatar of Michael Wilson
Michael Wilson asked on
8 Comments1 Solution102 ViewsLast Modified:
Hello,  I have a user that is reporting that she did NOT not receiving emails from a customer between 10-22-2018 and 10-24-2018.  
 I checked the spam filter and the customer is "whiteListed".

In the SPAM filter,  I can see all the emails that were sent to the employee from the customer as being "delivered" during this time frame.  

I then logged into the exchange 2013 server and did a delivery report and can see all the emails were delivered to the users mailbox from the customer during this time frame..  

But, if you login to the users mailbox using either Outlook 2010 or the OWA.  you can Not see any emails from this customer during that time frame.  I checked the deleted items, and also the "recover deleted items" and can't find any emails from this customer during that time.
  I also looked to see if she had any rules in her outlook client that might have moved the emails to a different folder and there is NOT any rules.....

where else can I look to find where these emails might have gone?

Thank you for your help.
Michael WilsonIT

Our community of experts have been thoroughly vetted for their expertise and industry experience.

Join our community to see this answer!
Unlock 1 Answer and 8 Comments.
Start Free Trial
Learn from the best

Network and collaborate with thousands of CTOs, CISOs, and IT Pros rooting for you and your success.

Andrew Hancock - VMware vExpert
See if this solution works for you by signing up for a 7 day free trial.
Unlock 1 Answer and 8 Comments.
Try for 7 days

”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.

-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros