Which of the following accountability measures do you feel the most confident? Why? In which do you feel most challenged? Why?
1. Teachers apply learning theories as they teach reading and writing.
2. Teachers adopt the balanced approach to literacy instruction.
3. Teachers differentiate instruction so all students can be successful.
4. Effective teachers use pre reading, reading, responding, exploring, and applying processes to ensure that students comprehend text they read.
5. Effective teachers teach students how to use the writing process - prewriting, drafting, revising, editing, publishing to write and refine their compositions.
6. Effective teachers determine students' independent, instructional, and frustration reading levels.
7. Effective teachers link assessment with instruction through planning, monitoring, evaluating, and reflecting.
8. Effective teachers prepare students for high-stakes tests without sacrificing their instructional programs.