Our government customers are very angry with Microsoft, but I think this is nothing new as we know such problems with Windows 10.
I have to analyze this problem and advise our customers.
According to the Dutch organization that did the research for the Dutch government, we have the following infos:
- Microsoft systematically and extensively collects data about the individual use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Secretly, without informing the people. According to the Dutch organization, it is hard to find what Microsfoft collects as the data is encrypted.
- Microsoft sends telemetry data to its own servers in the United States.
This is what I found that we can do for our customer:
- Disable Manage the privacy of data monitored by telemetry in Office
- Ban the use of Connected Services
- Not to use SharePoint Oneline
- Block OneDrive
- Lock web version of Office 365
1) Did you deal with this case? If yes, what will Microsoft collect?
2) Is it enough to Manage the privacy of data monitored by telemetry in Office
3) Do I still have to go through the Report from rijksoverheid.nl