We are attempting to enable the Foundation Identity feature in Windows 10 by way of a Powershell command, run as a startup script via Group Policy. The task is successful in general but is failing on one or two of a random selection of Win 10 PC's.
- The Powershell command itself works fine on the affected PC's
- GPRESULT on a sample PC confirms the GPO is assigned
- other Group Policy tasks run as expected on the affected PC's
- the Group Policy task works fine on other WIn10 PC's
- PC's have been restarted multiple times
- there is NOTHING in the Application/System event logs that yield any clues
It appears that there is some reason the GPO is failing on the affected PC's, at this point we are wondering if age could be a factor (of PC's, not testers.....)
I am looking for help in trying to narrow down the root cause. Your expert advice would be appreciated.