I have a DFS server which I am decommissioning and have moved all the files from it to a new 2016 server which will be replacing it. I have installed the necessary DFS components and have created an additional folder target in my DFS Manager to the new location.
After I robocopied the files making sure to retain the permissions, I Enabled the new folder target and disabled the original target.
Since that time. I left the referrals to update over a weekend and then tested my dfs structure using dfsdiag. dfsdiag was not reporting any issues with my infrastructure so I thought I was good.
Most of my computers have updated and pulled the DFS Folder without issue, However there are some problem children that are not seeing the new location and instead are defaulting to the old location. This is the same behavior seen when accessing the location though either a mapped drive or direct unc to the DFS folder location.
Please assist me In troubleshooting this issue if you are an expert in DFS