I am looking help on WSUS issue ,Where my WSUS client (windows server 2016 ) not able to report on my WSUS server running Windows 2012 R2 (WSUS 6.3.9600.18228).
On WSUS client name showing windows 10 and status showing NOT reported.
I have performed some basic troubleshooting as mentioned below but it didn't help me.
1. Stop the Automatic Updates service and BITS service.
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
2. Delete “%windir%\softwaredistribution” directory.
3. Start the Automatic Updates service and BITS service. When these two services
have been started, they will auto-create “softwaredistribution” and its subfolder
at system directory.
net start wuauserv
net start bits
4. Stop the Cryptographic Services
5. Rename the C:\windows\System32\catroot2 folder
6. After the “%windir%\softwaredistribution” directory has been generated, please
let the client contact the WSUS server immediately.
wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow
Also go to C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.l
You might also want to download WSUS Diagnostic Tool and run the test. Post the results here.