I have a Windows 7 Pro workstation running Office 2013. The workstation has all of the latest Windows 7 and Office 2013 updates.
- Its connected to an SBS2008 server
- Everyone is set up to use SBS2008 Exchange server 2007 email. The Microsoft Office 2013 is a full install and not a subscription
When the user opens a spreadsheet saved on the server, he cannot open it up. Excel starts to open by displaying the Excel logo twice and then only opens the Excel template page where it shows all of the recently open files on the left side and all of the available Excel templates to the right
- Confirmed that this issue is true for all of the Office data files (Word, Excel, Powerpoint. .etc
- There are no issues opening any Office data files on the local drive
- No other user is having this issue
- tested and confirmed, opening any office application files on the local drive, opens fine
- tested and confirmed, opening any office application files anywhere on the server, will not open,
- Logged off as the user and then logged on as the server administrator from his PC and was able to open any office document on the server as well as local files
- ran a repair of the Microsoft Office 2013. No Change
- restriped the users full control security access to all his data on the server to no avail. User has no issues opening any non-office data files suchs PDF's and JPG's . .etc
However, if I copy any office related data file from the server to the local PC, it opens fine
- I have not yet tried to log in to another workstation as this one user
- My thought at this point is that I’ll have to recreate his user profile. We plan retiring the server and upgrading. I could move the user to a workgroup and reconfigure the email and drive mappings.